Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Feeling guilty

So this week has been far from typical. I think spending so long in school has finally paid off, because this kind of work is awesome. Monday we had a visitor in town who does research in the same field I do, so there were a lot of functions related to his visit for me to attend, including a lunch and a dinner. Of course I was expected to be there and have good conversations with this guy, which wasn't hard. Especially since we went to my favorite all veg restaurant for dinner, yum :) Then Tuesday I had my ballet class, and in the evening I had 2 hour salsa class. Work, did anyone say work? What?? Wednesday I slept in, took Audrey for a 1 h walk, and in the evening ate dinner at a microbrewery one block from my office - complete with a glass of wheat ale. Today also inspired me to finish getting my fish tank together and buy fish - there are now 4 goldfish in a 20 gallon tank in my office. I'll have name them soon - I'm just hoping they live through the night with the shock of being in a new environment.

Yes... I have been working... in fact I seem to be on track, and people seem quite happy with all that I've accomplished. I think the pace here is a bit less than it was at Ohio State, plus I think once you're full time they expect you to be going home to a family and not working so hard you'll burn out quickly. Since I have no family here, I can just work whenever. In fact, now that I've come home and given all the animals some much needed attention, I'm going to read another journal article before bed. Work is so tough! :)

I didn't blog about it, but not only did I hike in the cascades on Saturday, but Sunday I went west to the coast, and took a nice walk on the beach followed by a little drive up the coast and a nice dinner with an amazing view. I was joined by a new friend here and it was a very pleasant day. I even managed to get some work done in the evening - AFTER the sun had gone down and there was no more day to enjoy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, D makes sound like you live in a dream world. I can't remember when was the last time I slept in, oh, yea, I think it was when I was in the hospital! ....