Sunday, June 1, 2008

"June-u-ary"

I have a friend here who is from Alabama (oddly enough, she knows one of my cousins well!). She calls June "Juneuary". I now understand why. I was fine with the weather here most of the year, but the last few weeks have been really rough on me. I'm sitting in my house typing this, wondering where the sun is, wearing a winter sweater, jeans and thick socks. It's not quite 60 degrees, and the air feels cold. We have only had 3 warm days here all spring! Happy June 1st everyone!! I need a vacation, and somewhere hot and sunny!

On top of the weather, I'm feeling quite burnt out, and am very ready for the school year to end. There's one week of classes to go, and then finals. I'm leaving town as soon as grades are in! I wish I could leave town today, but I have to force myself to buck up and end the school year well.

On the brighter note, yesterday's weather was better (70 and sunny by the afternoon - the morning was cold), and I totally cleaned the front year, and with Ryan's help, did a decent job of doing the biggest cleaning needs in the back yard. The back porch is now totally nice to sit on, and the path through the yard can be walked without needing to push branches aside. I bundled up and enjoyed the yard with breakfast on the porch this morning - totally worth it :)

No comments: