Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rusty with a drill...

It's either that it has been too long since I've done any household projects, or that I have cupboards made of steal, but I had a bear of a time trying to mount my new under-the-cabinet paper towel holder. This SHOULD have been an easy project...

Four stripped screws and one broken drill bit later, it's finally installed! It only took about 40 minutes!! My vicegrip is still my most favorite tool and saved the day - removing stripped screws and the drill bit that only had a few millimeters sticking out of the wood where it broke - that was a delicate operation!

Maybe I'm warmed up now and can get a lot more done, or maybe I should give up and shorten my to-do list that way!!

Nah... I can do it - I've done so many household repair projects, much more extensive than this little thing. I think it's hard because I don't have easy access to my tools, and I am still thinking about how I want to decorate, so have been reluctant to do much... but I think it's time I make the plunge and move beyond the mostly-moved-in state that I reached last fall, and claim this house as my own...

No comments: