Monday, August 18, 2008

Weather and fashion

Today the weather is terrific (it was all weekend, actually) - you can tell that spring is on it way. It will reach nearly 80 degrees and is beautifully sunny. I have seen students ranging from small sundresses to winter sweaters and scarves - some who have the mentality it is winter and others that are ready to celebrate the summer sun.

Fashion on campus is always interesting to see. We have everything from very rustic practical dress (similar to the countryside in france when I lived there, corduroy pants and a wool sweater, nice quality, but worn and bland), to high fashion, to hippy. I enjoy seeing the people who have touches of high fashion with their rustic practical clothes, for instance a gauzy/lacy blouse peaking out from a warm winter sweater.

Last week was fashion week in Cape Town. I tried to get tickets but it was all sold out. I thought it would have been fun, as well as a great statement of my broad interests to go to Kruger and a fashion show in the same week :) I could spend some serious money at some of the shops here getting totally sheik things, but I need to restrain - I still have to pay off the safari!!!

No comments: