Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Audrey's slumber party

After my mid-week wine-country meet-up with my boyfriend he came back to my town to spend the day. I had a very busy day on Friday and he knew I wouldn't have time to play with Audrey before our drive up to Portland Friday night. Because of that he offered to take Audrey back to Portland with him Thursday night and she could spend the day with him. I was reluctant to part with the two beings I love at the same time but thought it would double as good practice for when he's going to watch her while I'm at my next conference. So I said yes...

Friday morning I woke up to an eearliy quiet house... it was so lonely there without my little dog! And meanwhile up in Portland she was getting a rare treat: fresh bacon! I'm not even sure she's ever had that (certainly I don't make it for her). I worried she'd want to abandon me and go live with the meat-eater who spoils her, but she was thrilled to see me when I walked in the door Friday night... She's still my girl!

No comments: