Tuesday, March 9, 2010

symmetry and asymmetry

Symmetry: Today I took my camera with me to campus to capture photos. All these times I've walked up to campus it's the first time I noticed the exact symmetry of the central buildings, and the views established from certain key points. This place was designed by a master plan! It is so much more beautiful with the ivy growing (I've only ever been here in their winter), and so lively with all the students out and about. The moutain looms behind campus in the sun too - amazing how such a massive structure can be hidden behind clouds in the winter!


















Asymmetry: My veins have been hurting :( Not sure why - possibly the heat? But the tingling in my right arm caused me to look at both the right and left, and I never noticed before how different the vein structures are in the two arms. Completely different patterns and connections. Surprising! I wonder if that's true for everyone?

(my veins are fine, by the way - must have been the heat)

I love how things that are right in front of you on a daily basis can be noticed or re-discovered :)

No comments: