Sunday, October 14, 2007

Home

My new home is terrific - it is so peaceful here, and so easy to take care of. I am fairly settled in though there are still little things to do here and there. I had an open house in September which was well attended and nice. I made sure to get the downstairs settled before people came, so I do have Nick knacks unpacked and some art on the walls. Although at the moment it isn't as clean, you can see what I've done with the main living areas:



















One thing to notice is the chandelier. I made it from hand-carved ostrich eggs I brought back from South Africa. I absolutely love it. I also have missed my piano, and am enjoying the fireplace, and being able to use some of my nicer things.

On the other hand I've also been struggling with excess - knowing that I have too much stuff, and a lot of useless stuff I don't value. Since I'm unpacked, I've started to go through things and make donation piles of stuff I no longer want. This week I picked 100 items out of my closet that I don't want anymore. There's still a lot more clothes in there! I also cleaned out my linens, books, and some other items when I unpacked. I have a rather growing pile of stuff to donate in my garage.

No comments: