Tuesday, October 16, 2007

This earth-friendly town

I love this town I live in. I feel so comfortable here. It's not a town for everyone. It's the kind of place where in many restaurants there is no service, and you have to clear your own dishes. I've heard a few people complain about that - but I don't mind. It's also the kind of place where recycling is so part of the culture that even the normal trash cans on campus have notices on them for where the nearest recycling bin is if you want to throw away things that should be recycled. And in all the restaurants you put your bottles in a different place. I normally recycle but I need to be better about sorting things. Another thing I like is the little woodsy touches, like the building I work in on campus - the sign depicting its name is a carved plank of wood like something you'd see in a national park.

No comments: