Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kirstenbosch











I spent Sunday afternoon alone exploring the many trails of Kirstenbosch. It is an amazing botanical garden, and I enjoyed every moment of my explorations. I started the day by having lunch at the tea house - a quiche and appletizer (I've already told people they can come visit me for the price of bringing a case of that with them - it's sparkling apple juice with nothing added - very refreshing), followed by a real french hot cocoa with loads of real chocolate melted at the bottom...












Then I walked all the trails, except the ones that actually exit the gardens and head up the mountainside. I went a bit up one but it was amazing how quickly the trail became isolated. Though I am a lot more comfortable here than last time, when alone, it's best to stay where you can see other people... There are still people being robbed on hiking trails :(











I took 160 photos, among them were attempts to capture birds. I had been here last year, but not for as long, and not alone (so free to explore EVERY path...), and my camera battery had gone dead, so I hardly got any pics... I'm so glad I went back!! Here I am including a sampling of some of the Kirstenbosch bird varieties:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tasty!